...waiting...

Monday, September 17, 2012

Things I miss about Sauble Beach & the Bruce Peninsula

Well, its only been two weeks since I left Sauble/the Bruce but there are certain things I notice about being in the city that I did not really pay attention to before. And I have to say, for all you city folks, we need to take a chill pill. (Sorry: learn to relax.) In no order, I miss:

-  families spending time together, facing each other. In the city it seems like we are too busy doing everything, rather than being together.
- the beach & the water (need I say more?)
- people drive here way more aggressively. note to city drivers: SHARE THE ROAD PLEASE!
- in general I miss biking everywhere
- it seems to me that when one has to commute in the country, the journey is part of the experience. In the city, it seems that commuting is an inconvenience. And therefore, naturally, everyone else who is commuting is also an inconvenience. 
- the fact that rest is expected when one is at the beach. life has a slower pace. in the city, rest is considered lazy
- trees
- being able to see the stars at night
- the quiet
- campfire
- snorkeling
- am I allowed to miss outdoors in general.

Yes. I am feeling nostalgic.

No comments: