...waiting...

Thursday, July 5, 2012

The other half

So I have begun the second half of my  job - which is running a kids club from 10am-12noon. Yep, its not long, but boy do those kids have a lot of energy! Already, I find the honesty of my kids refreshing and here are a few things I have learned from them (and people think I'm teaching them....haha)

- they are refreshingly ready to love you. I forgot how easy it can be to just look for reasons to like someone. I hope I can keep learning
- there is no guile - what you see is what you get and what you hear from them is what is. Yes, there may be the exception, but kids just say and do what they want. There is no masking of behaviour. What a person sees or hears from them...is.
- small things are fun. I believe this, but its easy to forget
- small things should be celebrated. Affirm what is good.
- they are expecting things to be fun, and with that expectation they make things fun

When did I lose this?

No comments: