...waiting...

Saturday, August 18, 2012

an unexpected glimpse


My experience  and expectation of building relationships with people, and working with them (such as I have been doing this summer) is that more often then not, you don't get to see the impact of your time together. More often then not, we pass each other like ships in port, harboring each other for a time, and then move on to different seas. So it has been rare for me to see or hear how what I have done/am doing has affected someone....even more so in a summer/seasonal ministry.

You never know...
            what seeds you plant
            what sprouts you water
            or what fruit is being born

This week I was blessed with a little bit of encouragement from one of the parents of two of the boys at North Club. For the past seven weeks her sons have attended North Club almost daily, and over the course of those weeks, have learned what prayer is (talking and listening to God), how to pray (closed hands, open hands, closed eyes, open eyes, etc.), what to pray for (thanksgiving, other people, yourself, etc.) and to pray aloud and in front of others.

So I was immensely encouraged to have a mother tell me that because her boys have been praying at North Club, they are now eager to pray at home, with her. They now pray together.

You just don't know what the Lord is doing behind the scenes.


No comments: